Thursday, January 14, 2010

Mysteries of the universe. of mopeds.

Recently I discovered the library.



Rediscovered, is more like it really, I used to spend a lot of time in Eau Claire's LE Phillips Memorial Library reading and perusing all sorts of interesting things, but since coming to MSOE and signing my life over to the forces of homework, lab reports, and other such nonsense, I haven't really had time to waste on fiction. My dynamometer research got me back in the MSOE library where I found the amazing and mysterious TJ section. Titles like 'The design and development of 2-stroke engines' have completely rocked my world and dominated the last few weeks with knowledge I had, until lately, just grasped at.


In the upcoming weeks, I'll be spending as much free time as i can spare reading and distilling all this crazy knowledge, for you, my lovely readers. I just had the bomb of knowledge dropped on me in a big way, not to mention a lot of orders for machine work, and some interest in some of my other lesser-discussed projects, so it might take me awhile to dig out, but trust me, it will be well worth it.


Also, in the world of the ciao... massive head leakage, i think it has a lot to do with the decomp valve which i suspected was leaky-weeky, top speed so far has been a shy over 42, but low end is miserable, and compression is very low. I'll have this written up also as i get a 'round tuit'

5 comments:

  1. i recently "discovered" the library too. i was using the free internet at our downtown library when i decided to browse the computer card catalog. one branch had tons of vehicle repair manuals, so i went and checked it out. along with at least 4 books about mopeds in general, they had puch/peugeot repair manuals, and tons of motorcycle books, 3 of which had more information than i could ever need about my yamaha G7S.

    love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I appreciate the "round tuit" wooden nickle, I think you probably just lost yourself some business from other people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lost business because i'm busy? or because of the leaking head comment?

    i fixed the ciao head today, sure enough, shit in the decomp valve. speed run to come momentarily.

    ReplyDelete